Buttock Augmentation Risks/Complications
Buttock Augmentation, more commonly referred to as a "Butt Lift", uses implants, fat grafting or sometimes a combination of both to increase the size of your buttocks. A current popular procedure, referred to as a "Brazilian Butt Lift", uses fat transferred from other areas of the body to naturally augment and shape the buttocks. This procedure can increase fullness and roundness of your buttock, improve the balance of your figure, and enhance your self-confidence. As with any surgical procedure, there are risks and complications to be considered. Cosmetic surgery complications insurance from Aesthetisure was created to assist patients that have the unfortunate reality of sustaining potential complications.
Buttock Augmentation/Lift Considerations
The decision to have a Butt Lift is very personal. Should you elect to undergo this procedure and dependent on the technique your Board Certified surgeon recommends, the following are risks and complications to be considered:
- Your Butt Lift results will be immediately visible. However, dependent on the technique used, it could take up to a year to see the final result
- Incision lines are permanent, but will continue to fade over time
- Buttock augmentation surgery results are long lasting. However, due to aging and gravity, the initial size and shape of your buttock are subject to change. Maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle will help you retain your new look longer
- Potential risks associated with Buttock Augmentation include, but are not limited to the following:
- Anesthesia Risks
- Nerve damage
- Pressure on your sciatic nerve
- Excessive blood loss
- DVT (deep vein thrombosis), cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Numbness and pain
- Stretch marks
- Possibility of revisional surgery
- Opening of the implant incisions, requiring removal
- Implant rupture
- Implant migration
To better understand the potential risks and complications associated with Buttock Augmentation/Lift, please consult with a Board Certified surgeon.
Questions to ask your surgeon during the Buttock Augmentation/Lift consult
- Are you a Board Certified surgeon?
- How long have you performing Buttock Augmentation/Lift surgery?
- Am I good candidate for this procedure?
- What surgical technique is recommended for me?
- What will be expected of me after surgery to achieve the best results?
- What type of facility do you operate in and if not a hospital, what is your protocol in the event of unexpected surgical complications?
- What are the potential risks and complications for a procedure like mine?
- If I have any Buttock Augumentation/Lift complications, what is your policy? Do you cover expenses? Do you provide a cosmetic surgery complications insurance policy?
- How can I expect my buttock to look over time?
- Do you have before and after photos I may view for this procedure and what would be a reasonable expectation for me?
- Do you feel you can provide the outcome we have discussed?
By consulting with a Board Certified surgeon, potential patients are better educated to make the most informed decision.
While every doctor and patient strive for the best outcome possible, the reality is complications can and do happen. Aesthetisure helps to mitigate risks associated with a Butt Lift by providing patients with cosmetic surgery complications insurance. Aesthetisure is available to Board Certified surgeons and will provide you with peace of mind should you decide to undergo a Buttock Augmentation/Lift. To learn more about cosmetic surgery complication insurance and Aesthetisure, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone (800) 362-1542.