Breast augmentation is one of the most common cosmetic surgery procedures performed. Most breast augmentation surgeries have wonderful results with fulfilled patients. As with any surgical procedure, breast augmentation surgery poses potential risks and complications. If you are considering getting breast implants you should also educate yourself and learn what the most common risks associated with the procedure can be. Cosmetic surgery complication insurance from Aesthetisure was created to help patients that have the unfortunate reality of sustaining potential complications.
Breast Augmentation Considerations
There are important details to consider before deciding to undergo breast augmentation. It is important that you fully understand your own personal expectations and reasons for wanting breast implants prior to undergoing surgery. Below is a list of considerations:
- Breast implants do not last a lifetime; the longer you have your implants, there is increased potential for removal and or replacement.
- Many of the outcomes to your breast following implantation may not be cosmetically pleasing and irreversible.
- If you have your implants removed and not replaced, you may experience changes to your breasts such as dimpling, puckering, wrinkling, breast tissue loss as well as other physical.
- The most common complications and possible negative outcomes are:
- Capsular contracture
- Implant removal
- Rupture/deflation of the implant
- Infection at the incision site
To better understand the potential risks and complications associated with breast augmentation surgery, please consult with a Board Certified surgeon.
Questions to ask your surgeon during the breast augmentation consult
- Are you a board certified surgeon?
- How long have you been performing breast implant surgery?
- Have you been involved in any medical malpractice suits?
- Do you have hospital privileges at an accredited surgical facility? Which hospitals?
- May I see some before-and-after photos?
- Is there someone on your staff who has been a patient, and may I speak to her?
- Which type breast implants are better for me and why?
- What breast size do you suggest for my body frame?
- Will I lose any sensation in my nipples or breasts?
- Will I be able to breastfeed after having implants?
- Will the implants make mammograms less accurate in detecting breast cancer?
- What is the warranty for the breast implant you have recommended and what fees will I have to pay if it ruptures?
- What are the possible risks of breast implant surgery?
- If I have any breast implant complications, what is your policy? Do you cover expenses? Do you provide a cosmetic surgery complications insurance policy?
- Where will my breast implant surgery be performed, and is the surgery center accredited?
- Is the center set up to handle a life-threatening emergency?
- What is included in the surgical fee? What is not included?
- How much of a deposit is required, and when is it due?
- Will my deposit be refunded if I change my mind?
- Do you offer financing, or do you expect payment in full up front?
The risks and complications following breast augmentation are well known. By consulting with a board certified surgeon, potential patients are better educated to make to most informed decision.
While every doctor and patient strive for the best outcome possible, the reality is complications can and do happen. Aesthetisure helps to mitigate risks associated with breast augmentation surgery by providing patients with cosmetic surgery complications insurance. Aesthetisure is available to board certified surgeons and will provide you with peace of mind should you decide to undergo breast augmentation. To learn more about cosmetic surgery complication insurance and Aesthetisure, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone (800) 362-1542.