Most patients who undergo Liposuction are pleased with the final results. Men and women alike consider this procedure to improve their physical appearance and to feel more confident about their bodies. However, as with all cosmetic surgical procedures there are risks and complications to be considered. Take your time deciding if you are willing to accept the risks inherent in Liposuction. Cosmetic surgery complications insurance from Aesthetisure was created to help patients that have the unfortunate reality of sustaining potential complications.
It is important to keep in mind that Liposuction is not a substitute for proper diet and exercise and is not a treatment for obesity or weight loss. It is also not an effective treatment for cellulite. If you are bothered by excess fat deposits that do not respond to diet or exercise, Liposuction may be a potential option for you. Some key considerations for ideal Liposuction candidates are:
- Adults within 30% of their ideal weight with firm, elastic skin and good muscle tone
- Healthy individuals without medical conditions that could impair healing
- Non-smoking individuals
- Liposuction risks include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Change in skin sensation that may persist
- Damage to deeper structures such as nerves, blood vessels, muscles, lungs and abdominal organs
- DVT (deep vein thrombosis), cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Irregular contours and asymmetries
- Need for revision surgery
- Rippling or loose skin, worsening of cellulite
To better understand the potential risks and complications associated with Liposuction, please consult with a Board Certified surgeon.
Questions to ask your surgeon during the Liposuction consult
- Are you a Board Certified surgeon?
- How long have you been performing Liposuction procedures?
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- What surgical technique is recommended for me?
- What will be expected of me after surgery to achieve the best results?
- Will my procedure be performed at a hospital, where you have privileges, or at an accredited outpatient surgery center?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect and will I require assistance during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled and who pays in the event of a complication?
- Do you provide a cosmetic surgery complications insurance policy?
- How can I expect my body to look over time and/or after pregnancy?
- Do you have before and after photos I may view for this procedure and what would be a reasonable expectation for me?
By consulting with a Board Certified surgeon, potential patients are better educated to make the most informed decision.
While every doctor and patient strive for the best outcome possible, the reality is complications can and do happen. Aesthetisure helps to mitigate risks associated with Liposuction by providing patients with cosmetic surgery complications insurance. Aesthetisure is available to Board Certified surgeons and will provide you with peace of mind should you decide to undergo Liposuction. To learn more about cosmetic surgery complication insurance and Aesthetisure, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (800) 362-1542.